Geology Rock Pack "Saddle Bag"
We have been using this type of pack for over 60 years. The original ones that we used were W.W.II surplus ammunition packs. We have patterned these packs after those, but have added a few things that make them even better. The saddle bag design makes it possible to distribute the weight of your pack evenly between the front and the back. This keeps your center of gravity right were nature intended it and makes it easier to carry your days work back with you. We have converted many collectors to this pack and we are confident that you will find it worth while as well.
One size fits all. It will grow with you if you are getting started young. We have fit it on some pretty small kids as well as "well fed" adults.
We have added a separate pouch in the rear for a hydration unit. Also, these packs are now lighter weight because we are using Cordura Nylon.
- Double side release buckles on shoulder make it easy to get your pack on and off, especially when it is loaded with rocks.
- Accessory strap for carrying your phone, two way radios, GPS, glasses, and many other items.
- Two accessory pockets on each side are perfect for carrying chisels, markers, and many other items. You'll never have to worry about digging these items out of the bottom of your pack. They are always accessible when you need them.
- Wide and deep pockets in front and back make it easy to carry your days work back with you. We have often carried nearly 100 lb. of rock off the mountain with these packs, not that we recommend it.
- Hammer loop makes sure that your hammer is always available for you to use. It is light weight but heavy duty.